By Umesh Shrestha In this age of social media, we can not even imagine life without internet. Online news portals are mushrooming. News is everywhere on net. Internet is like basic necessity for us nowadays. But those were the days of Rajpal era that internet is such a precious and costly thing. I think most [...]
By RV Silvanus It was a few days after Tribhuvan International Airport was named the third worst airport in the world when I learnt of my friend’s mistreatment at Bharatpur Regional Airport. Whether it is regional or international, it seems airports all over Nepal are the same — mismanaged and filled with corrupt staff. My [...]
-By Sundip Gurung- An elderly kills himself tired of his chronic illness, a mother commits suicide after killing her two babies due to famine, and a family waits for their son’s coffin from Arab—what is common here? “Death” you may see, but it is the existing situation of our country that has brought incessant tragedies [...]
Here are Powerful Images of ‘Messi of the Himalayas’ in limelight as soccer craze grips remote Nepal
During his Nepal visit two years ago, FIFA President Sepp Blatter had said, “Nepal plays good, but there is lack of Messi.” Blatter made the comment after watching the inaugural match of AFC Cup in a beautifully decorated Dasharath Stadium in the capital city. Blatter might have missed Messi, but Nepal’s poorest district Mugu hasn’t. [...]
Has the World Cup fever gripped you? See these pictures of football in Nepal’s impoverished moutainous region
FIFA World Cup 2014 has begun in Brazil. The biggest sporting event in the world has united people across the globe. Fans of Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany and England, among others, are hoisting the flags of their respective countries in every nook and cranny of the country. Youths are wearing jerseys of their favorite teams. [...]
- by Ram C Acharya- Again, we have seen the usual drama of the last few decades unfolding in Nepal: the government increases fuel prices, the students and political parties’ sister organizations protest, the prime minister meets with them and the increased prices are rolled back. By doing so both the government and the protestors [...]
While his contemporaries are known to either grill interviewees or bore the audience by talking endlessly, BBC Media Action’s Sajha Sawal host Narayan Shrestha made a name for himself as the smiling, polite interviewer who got the most out of his guests. Having travelled to 65 districts in the country, he reached out to Nepalis who [...]
Opera Software is announcing Sponsored Web Pass, a breakthrough in bringing easy-to-understand, zero-risk mobile internet packages to consumers around the world. Sponsored Web Pass enables operators to easily team up with advertisers to sponsor the cost of customers’ mobile internet access, providing users with free mobile data.
-By Nishcal- On one of the many chilly evenings spent at watering holes in Europe, I had an interesting encounter with a foreigner. I was enjoying my drink when a gentleman asked if he could join me at my table. “Yes please,” I said. He looked 30 to me. For minutes, we didn’t exchange a [...]
-By Diwas Adhikari- Just few months ago I used to think how the developed countries looks like. Why it is called developed and why ours is a developing one. I always thought good transportation facility; better roads, no starvation and basically no energy crisis are the major reasons to be called as a developed country.
About Umesh Shrestha
- Interview with Rajpal J.P. Singh, First Editor of Nepal’s Online Media
- Robbed by security
- Why ‘Made in Nepal’?
- Here are Powerful Images of ‘Messi of the Himalayas’ in limelight as soccer craze grips remote Nepal
- Has the World Cup fever gripped you? See these pictures of football in Nepal’s impoverished moutainous region
- International Media Groups Condemn Nepal Repression
- Here are Powerful Images of 'Messi of the Himalayas' in limelight as soccer craze grips remote Nepal
- IHT- Product from USA, Paper from Korea, ..and Printing from Nepal
- Has the World Cup fever gripped you? See these pictures of football in Nepal's impoverished moutainous region
- Erotic Carvings of a Kathmandu Temple